Saturday, June 16, 2012

Korea: Evening at the Fish Market

At some point I mentioned to Jieun that I wanted to eat live octopus and she promised to make it happen. So one day Parth, Jieun and I went to the fish market. It was a decently large sized fish market, and it reminded me of fish markets back home a bit (except ours aren't nearly as large). There were much larger fish here though. One of the stalls had couple of lobsters large enough to feed a family! Seriously. There was also a plethora of giant crabs and mussels. Throughout the process of eating the octopus Parth kept saying "this is weird" and Jieun asked if he knew how to say anything else. Here are the pictures & videos I took of the fish market excursion:

 

HUGE fish market. It extends farther back than you can
really see, and to the right more than you can see.

Notice the two white boxes next to the woman in green. Each one has a single
lobster on ice. Those things are truly giant monster lobsters!









GIANT crabs!
He's decided to make a break for it. I believe in him!
Go crabby go!
Almost there!
(then Jieun came over with dinner...there's a live octopus in
that bag. We're about to eat that octopus)
When I returned to the crabs he had given up :(
Awww, look at the little octopi!
Poor little guy, he's all alone! They should give him a buddy until it's time for
him to become dinner!
Fresh, squirming octopus. Don't believe me? Watch the videos  

  

  

 
After the octopus came sashimi. Straight up raw fish. No rice involved. The
best part? The salmon was placed closest to me!
Jieun loves to cook for us! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment