Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Korea: the (almost) end

It is finals time here in Korea and it is hard to imagine that I will very soon return home. It's actually very surreal. The adventure I've had the past year has been the most amazing adventure. I've traveled the entire globe, from Boston to London, to Cape Town, Seoul, Osaka, and next week I will go to Hong Kong. When I am home I will put up the official post on my experience, but for now I just wanted to express how grateful I am for the past year.

The next week will be busy with finals and good byes. Actually, the stress of finals has already started (I was up until 6am this morning writing an essay. I saw my first Korean sunrise). In this way I like the system of South Africa better. I had about three weeks after I finished finals to make my rounds and say my goodbyes. I have not quite three days here.

But then I fly out to Hong Kong where I get to meet the family of one of my best friends. I look forward to experiencing her home culture especially since I always get to share mine with her. I currently have a list of things to maybe do that is certainly way too long. Hong Kong will be my fourth Asian country. It is also the continent I have explored the most.

Finally, I would like to congratulate my younger brother on his high school graduation. Growing up I called him a wild card. I saw that he had potential to do anything and be anyone. I am very proud of what he has become. He is a smart young man with great potential. He has grown a tremendous amount over the past few years. I think he is now grasping his own intelligence and potential, and putting it to good use. Love you kid and good luck with your future! Can't wait to see you this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment