Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hong Kong: Not so Sleepy Sunday-Filled with Dim sum and Markets

Hong Kong: Central Pier and Temple Street

Sunday morning I found myself up early (relative standards) to go to the Central Pier with Saphia. She volunteers in an organization called Junior Chamber (or something to that effect, it's kind of like Rotary). They had a children's art exhibition. I helped set up a little bit, then wandered around the International Financial Center for a while until Saphia was done. The IFC has a giant mall in the bottom, and so I promptly wound my way as deep as possible. There is a two front Apple store, some restaurants, gardens, balconies, and lots of high end stores. The view from the balcony was beautiful.

After that Saphia and I returned home to get her dad so we could go to a dim sum lunch. So much food. All food. And it just kept coming! We were met by dad's mom and sister, and Mama Cheung of course. I tried two new foods: chicken feet and cow stomach. I particularly liked the cow stomach, so much so that it was one of the few dishes I had extra of (I'll do a proper food blog later with pictures).

That night we all met for dinner again for the same type of continuous rounds of food. We were joined by yet another aunt and uncle. Then mom, dad, Saphia and I went to Temple Street, the night market to have a look around. I've seen more impressive markets, but it was still good. There were also fortune tellers, but we didn't go to one.

We went back to the house and so concludes another adventure filled day in Hong Kong.

Here are a few select pictures from the day~~


Entrance of Temple Street
Two story Apple Store at IFC
Dim Sum! (This is just the beginning, many more courses came after)
View out to HK

No comments:

Post a Comment