Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Korea: Aquarium

Here's yet another one of my Seoul Mate adventure stories:

My final meeting with Sol was at the aquarium, which happens to be located within the Coex Mall (I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in an earlier post. It's a giant underground mall). Sammi was going to come, but had too much work to do. I took plenty of pictures, so instead of boring you with descriptions of the aquarium, I'm just going to show you what it was like! (I've even included a video, not of me eating octopus this time!)


Pretty blue fish :)
Giant turtles at feeding time

"Hand's off. It's fragile"
A fish tank. Inside a fire extinguisher. Inside a bigger fire
extinguisher. Well played, Inception, well played.
Coolest stop light ever!

(see description below)

Inside a vending machine

Poor little fishies aren't even dead yet and they're already
in the toilet :(

Ah, so this is where they go when they get flushed!
TV Aquarium: Just don't bother trying to change the channel
He's captivated and there isn't even any sound

I guess fish is for dinner?
Now with a fresh from the laundry fishy scent! Ummm no
thank you. I'll stick to flowers and summer breezes.


Nope. Not fishies. Still cool though!

Fish tank in a phone booth...with a manikin dressed like a
scuba diving dinosaur.
Me and Sol :)
Ah, the beauty of young love. Or the adorableness of little
siblings. Either way it's cute.
Plus, the light posts are really fish bowls!

Again, not fishies.
Underwater screen saver for an underwater fish tank. Inception wins again.

Spidermanz and fishies inside the mail box. So cool!

So many not fishies!
Can you tell which ones are real?
Monkeys! So much cooler than fish! ㅋㅋㅋ ^.^








Otters doing their thing.


And of course this Babson Beaver had to get a picture of the beaver!

Crocodile...swim away little fishies swim away!

Froggies in the children's section (although, isn't the whole aquarium a
children's section?)



Super Scuba Sally (my superhero name, clearly)
Round and round the mulberry bush the monkey chased
the weasel. Where it stops nobody knows til...
POP! goes the weasel.






















Sharks!



and sting rays!

Doing a little dance for us





It seems they're done now.

Seals. Most of the pictures came out blurry so I had to delete a bunch. But
here are a few good ones.











Touch tank



Eh, back to the sharks now.
The big guy.


He's swimming right at us. 


So majestic!




Sol and me with the shark :)




Jelly fish!







(so many jelly fish) 




An octopus. I didn't eat him.

Penguins <3



So that's the end of the aquarium adventure. I'll try to post one or two more times before I fly out to Hong Kong on Thursday! If not, I'll be home soon and will catch up on blogging from there (since I have so many fewer notable adventures back home).

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment