Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saving the Tigers

Malaysia is one of just 13 countries left with tigers. The population of wild tigers is only about 3% of what it was just 100 years ago. Malaysia, along with the other 12 countries with wild tigers, headed by Russia's Vladimir Putin, is taking steps to protect the tigers. 
Malaysia is taking steps towards protecting its environment, as well as the environment of the world. I broadly say "environment" because every living and non living thing is part of the world's environment. It is essential to preserve our environment in order for there to be continued life on Earth.
The article I found on CNN.com (the first one I posted here) is about the action taken to protect the tigers. The other two, also from CNN are background stories from November.




I think it is wrong that poachers hunt down tigers. They are majestic animals and have been my favorite for a long time. I don't think the maximum sentencing of 3 years/$20,000 is sufficient. I believe poachers should be prosecuted as harshly as murderers.

No comments:

Post a Comment