Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Platinum Award

Okay, so I completely made up the name of this post, but that is how this left me feeling. So here is why:

Over the summer I interned for the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts. Part of what I did there was set up a program for high school aged girls to learn about the process of running a business. The program was run this past weekend, and so I attended to see how it turned out and to help mentor the girls. First, the program was run quite smoothly. The guest speakers were great, right on key for high schoolers. Then there is the actual effect it had on myself and the girls. They were amazing. I saw them progress from strangers to companies, to team members to friends. That was certainly great to see. More though, they inspired me. They are all very hard workers, compassionate, and just wonderful individuals. They have bright futures ahead of them. It really touched me to be able to help them learn and become better individuals. What's more is how they expressed their appreciation. Their thank you's were heart felt. I truly felt as if my time spent with them this weekend had an impact. so while there might not really be such a thing as a Platinum Award, I left the weekend feeling as if I had achieved Platinum Status. I don't need a tangible award, plaque or recognition. I know that I now have the Platinum Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment