Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little Piece of Heaven Part 1

So a while ago I got a craving for a cupcake and went in search of the BEST cupcake around. This past Sunday (2/13) I went to Sweet Cupcakes in Boston. It reminded me of that quest, so I thought I would share my review. I went with a friend and we split 3 cupcakes. We tried: Chocolate Raspberry, Boston Cream Pie, and Hot Cocoa (hint, I LOVE chocolate!!!) So here's what I thought:


  1. Chocolate Raspberry
    • Delightfully light raspberry flavor, though it could have come on a bit stronger. Over all, it was a good cupcake, but the most memorable part was wanting more raspberry. Overall: 3.5 out of 5
  2. Boston Cream Pie
    • It essentially tasted like Boston Cream Pie should. The cake was a little bit thick, though, and the chocolate was hard to get my fork through. Overall: 3 out of 5 for good flavor and okay texture.
  3. Hot Cocoa
    1. I was particularly looking forward to this one just because of my love of hot chocolate. It was a good cupcake, don't get me wrong, but I really didn't get the Hot Cocoa part of it. Overall: 3 out of 5.
I was under-impressed; I felt as if these cupcakes could fairly easily be made at home (though it would take baking skill, but I know plenty of people with that). I did not think that the flavors were outstanding enough to justify the price, though with so many choices, I would be willing to go back with a friend. Certainly not a must return to, though. But go ahead and give it a try yourself. They have many more flavors.

And here is their website:
I enjoy the music, though I wish it would continue throughout the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment