Tuesday, August 28, 2012

End of Summer Adventures

Really I have one more week of summer. I move back to campus in the morning, and my brother has graciously agreed to help me. I promised him food in return, and I'm going to help him move into college on Friday (UMaine). But for now, here's my end of summer report.

I pretty much spent all weekend at Babson Catching up with friends. I had dinner with Linda 3 nights in a row (which is rare for me). Thursday we went to Bubbling Brook with my family, a favorite childhood tradition: ice cream for dinner ^.^ Then we went back to campus and hung out with our dear Sarina who was preparing for the first day of peer mentoring the freshman class (welcome to Babson, 2016!!).

Friday we managed to get a rare piece of Sarina's time yet again for dinner. Chinese food, feels good to be back on the college diet ;) It was really good to catch up with my girls...

Then Saturday I met up with Linda after babysitting to the wonderful surprise of Sarah! I hadn't seen her since December (which is even longer than the rest of my close friends...I went over half of 2012 without seeing my girl). She tried popping out at me to scare me, but instead I had a moment of happily shocked speechlessness. We all went back through all of our stories from the past 8 months, and then I once again went home.

Now, my sister works retail so she gave me a 50% off coupon to Banana Republic. Naturally, I had to use it. I trekked out to the Natick Collection Sunday morning for a successful shopping trip (ironically my sister also went to BR that day and bought the same shirt as me)

After that I called up Mary to hang out for a while. It turned into a wonderful afternoon turned sleepover. We hung out with a few other friends also already back on campus, got some groceries & dinner, then returned to campus. As we were on our way to park we found Ms. Ranee Cheung outside of Reynolds. I promptly turned the car around and we has her join in our plans for the evening. Then the peer mentors walked by in their semi-formal attire (hadn't seen some of them
since February either, so there was a quick reunion).

Ranee and I made a quick trip home so I could get a multi-tasking night out/sleepover/internship bag. Then we went back to campus for Knight Party. It was amusingly not good. We managed to lose Ranee somewhere along the way, but other than that all stayed together (granted we were a much smaller group than usual).

To wrap up my summer, I had my final full day at my internship. Then I came home and started packing. I took an (extended) break to get a going back to college dinner with mom and Brian (Japanese so I could show off my chopstick skills). Then we came home so I could finish packing.

Well, we had the door open to get some fresh air circulating in the house and all of a sudden Brian starts yelling from the other side of the house. Somehow a cat had slunk past me all the way to him. This was very distressing to me. I don't particularly like cats...or most animals other than dogs usually. They kinda freak me out a bit. But the cat wad hanging around and I kept having to scoot out of its way. Then Brian scoops the cat up and heads next door (where the cat belongs). Despite multiple attempts to alert the owners we were unsuccessful. Regardless, I made Brian leave the cat outside.

It has been quite the whirlwind end if the summer, but now I just have to sleep a few hours and move back to Babson!

Oh, and the cat:

No comments:

Post a Comment