Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Romania


There is something beautiful about old world charm. I got this picture in Romania, the first of my four abroad experiences. We walked through an open air market that was just very striking to me. The entire two weeks in Romania was an absolutely amazing experience. I had a host family, and made many new friends. After that I knew that I would study abroad in college. In the past year I have made it to Malaysia, South Africa, and South Korea. The idea of a global citizen is hard for many of my peers to grasp. I hear a lot of people saying that it is not possible to become a global citizen. But I know it is. There is this feeling of pride you get when you are away from home and see or hear something that reminds you of home. I get this whenever I see the flag from any of my “homes”. While travelling I have made new friends, seen things I never could have imagined, learned bits of new languages, and learned the history of the world from a global perspective. More than anything, however, I have become a global citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment