Sunday, April 29, 2012

Korea: Friends' Blogs

As I may or may not have mentioned, I am making friends here in Seoul. Most of them happen to be other international students. Some of them also have blogs. So here I have compiled a list of other blogs that will give you more insight into the people I have met, their experiences, and, by extension, my experiences. What I have noticed is that we each blog in our own manner, so I enjoy reading their blogs even though I actually get to spend time with them. It also helps put my experience in a new perspective. The challenges of a study abroad student are, after all, very similar. So here we go:

First we have Parth, who I probably spend wayyy too much time with. His blog reads approximately as if he is speaking it himself, which for those who know him is kind of amusing. Anyways, his blog is heavily loaded with pictures. If  you go down to the bottom of his post on cherry blossoms/Japan, and look at day 3, you will find my name mentioned quite a bit. I will get to the rest of that story soon. Trust me, it's gets better (although he covers almost everything)
http://semesterofseoulsearching.wordpress.com/

Hannah, like Parth, is also in CIEE with me. She is more focused on pop culture, though, specifically kpop. Again you'll find me alluded to (though not specifically mentioned by name) as "one other white girl" in the JYP post.
http://hannahwaitt.tumblr.com/post/21892763259/jyp-read-in-whisper-like-how-all-the-jyp-produced

Next we have Avery, who is in Parth and my Korean language class. She doesn't post about Korea or study abroad, she posts about animals. Avery is, well Avery or aviary...legit, though, she's like a little bird. Here's her blog:
http://animalsaresolegit.tumblr.com/

So why do I mention that if it's not about Korea? Because without Avery there is no Jowrney or Stacey. Jowrney (pronounced Journey) and Stacey are Avery's Korean pen pals. The four of us went out to lunch and I heard all about their plans for a world wide bicycle adventure. Let's just say they are such a cute/amazing couple! Here is their link:
http://jowrney.com/xe/thome

Next we have Megan who is also in Korean with Parth, Avery, and myself. She is really into Korean guys, but that is not all she does. Her blog includes videos to prove that, and Parth, Avery, some of our other friends and I make appearances in these videos:
http://megan-e-stevens.blogspot.com/2012/04/home-sweet-home.html?spref=fb

Finally, there is Sammi. She is also here with CIEE, but has been here since August. I have really enjoyed getting to know her as a person. She is just one of those people who I find particularly inspiring. Her blog is under renovation, but has a lot of how-to-study-abroad-in-Korea advice:
http://sold4seoul.com/

So that's all for tonight (and this is now my second blog post within the day, so be happy). I'm really going to try to finish Japan and the rest of my adventures of April, including this past weekend which was absolutely EPIC. Teaser: robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment